2.20.2007

On Equine Abuse

Ok.

I realize I've become a one topic guy lately (and it hasn't been about science), but I have to beat this particular deceased horse one more time.

You see, I went to the PSU bookstore under the impression that surely, the Penn State bookstore would stock a book written by a former Penn State athlete that has been making the news almost daily. On Monday, I had no luck. My buddy tells me that even though Meech's book was advertised as being "in stores now", supposedly it wasn't showing up in some stores until today, 2/20. So, I went back today. No luck, again. This time I asked. The bookstore employee had no idea what I was talking about. "What's the title? Who is it by?" Ok, I know it's not the "Deathly Hallows", but it is #160 on Amazon. Surely a bookstore might want to have a copy on hand? Her response was "it's in the warehouse and it looks like we'll get some copies eventually".

Am I the only one that sees this as a bit funny? Shouldn't the bookstore manager be on top of the most popular books with a local angle? I guess I'm going to just order it from Amazon, but I really tried to give local stores my business, they just didn't want it.

I suppose I should check the truly local business (Webster's) before I give up on trying to buy this book in town.

Update (3/2) -- I did check Webster's the other day, and they didn't have it either. However, their new book stock is limited to one shelf, so maybe that's not as much of a surprise as Barnes & Frikkin' Noble not having it. I haven't gone back to B&N to check, I think I'm just going to borrow it from my buddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home