2.10.2007

On bad reviews for homecenter.com

Go reread this post -- there is a comment by someone who is experiencing exactly the same attempted scam that we are. I was prompted by this comment to go out and post reviews of homecenter.com on some of the bigger business review sites, and lo and behold there are hundreds of reviews about how bad this company is. I wish I had found these last July.

Curiously, there are other reviews that give them positive ratings, and I'm guessing these are faked to balance the negative reviews. On average they get 3 stars, because for every 1 star across the board review there is a 5 star review. I find it odd that the distribution would be so bimodal.

Hopefully a few people will see this and my reviews and reconsider shopping at scam-artists-R-us, but regardless, I've learned my lesson. No more small internet companies unless I thoroughly read the reviews on-line.

Look at these reviews at Epinions and these at ResellerRatings. It looks like they haven't tried so hard to scam ResellerRatings, because there their lifetime average is 0.23 out of 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home