5.28.2008

On more outrage

I've been thinking about it, and although I never meant this blog to ever be about politics (which isn't cats, volleyball, or astronomy), it is getting that way because I keep getting more and more outraged. Every day when I think it can't get any worse, it gets worse.

There are plenty of much more serious things I can rail against, but this is the outrage of the day:

Rachael Ray.

She did an ad for Dunkin' Donuts wearing a scarf. Apparently, this means that she supports the terrorists and that she wants all Americans to die.

The same people who use racial slurs on TV or in their live speeches because that proves their bona fides as a "conservative" who does not bow to political correctness felt the need to force Dunkin' Donuts to pull a commercial because Rachael Ray was wearing a freaking scarf. This is the most important issue of our day, forget the war, the economy, or anything else -- we can't have our TV chefs wearing unapproved scarves on TV! Think about the anarchy that will result!

That's right. The "conservatives" have decided that this woman's attire so offended their delicate as a flower sensibilities as proud patriotic americans that no one should be allowed to see this heinous advertisement.

The 12 Republicans left in the US must be so proud -- they've finally won the all important battle to force companies to police the clothing choices of their paid endorsers.

Next time I'm going to wear a necktie, I'll be sure to call my Republican congressman to find out if it is on the approved list. I'm guessing I'll be in trouble, because I do have a lot of Jerry Garcia ties, after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I wouldn't put the blame for this on conservatives or Republicans. This is fricking ridiculous and every conservative blog knows it.

What a joke. MIchelle Malkin has really gone off the deep end.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home