3.31.2008

On post-its, dog collars, and hula skirts

Steinn beat me to it, but I was going to discuss the latest appearance of the post-it bandit.

So, to recap, someone covered my truck in post-it notes a few months ago. This was followed by a day at work where a number of office doors were similarly covered.

More recently, the bandit stuck again. Steinn found a hula skirt in his office, Mike found dog collars, Larry found a groundhog (stuffed, I assume), and Caryl found glow-in-the-dark glasses.

Today's pranks led to police being called.

I agree, the prankster did go too far, they probably should have stopped before putting stuff in very sensitive offices. Here's my working hypothesis: the prankster(s) don't really have access to the offices. I'm thinking they have some clever method for getting stuff in otherwise. I've heard several reports of stuff being knocked over (Steinn, Mike, Caryl), and I can't imagine someone who was so precise in their post-it application wouldn't be careful enough not to knock stuff off of everyone's desks. This suggests to me they don't have that much control over where stuff gets placed. Robin also got balloons, which you can place under the door and inflate from the other side. I'm not just saying this because someone called "Prankster" commented to Steinn that they can't get in -- even if that is a fake comment by an outside observer, I mentioned this same thought to Mike earlier today. Mike didn't believe me, but Mike's evidence was that opening the door blew papers off his desk. I think it was the method for placing the stuff in the office without opening the door that knocked stuff off the desk.

Anyway, I would like to know (just for curiosity's sake) who the bandit is, but I don't want the person to get in trouble -- even placing a groundhog in Larry's office seems harmless to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home