11.06.2007

On my default topic

It has been 15 days since my last post, I know this is not the way to build an audience.

My excuse is the same -- I spend most of my time on my laptop working on my on-line courses, and this past week I had a grant proposal due on top of the usual grading load.

Tonight was a night off from the usual grind -- we had a big game in the league. We've been playing the bottom teams of the league, and haven't been challenged since our game against my old team. We did blow one game against a team we should have beat 3-0, instead, we only went 2-1.

So going in to tonight's game, we were 25-2. Tonight, we were playing a team that has won the league most of the recent years, but is behind their usual first place pace because they don't have a ringer like in the past. This game was tough and was a *lot* of fun. We played better tonight than we have all season, and although we let them stay in games, we won 3-0. I didn't pay too close attention, but I think all three games may have been 15-13. Really, though, the new attitude of the new team made the difference. Even when we fell behind a few points, I always knew we would win. So now, we're 28-2 and are comfortably in first place. This is a good feeling.

One of the team husbands took video footage of all three games -- it will be interesting to see how we look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home