9.25.2007

On Comcast laughing last

So I have DirecTV. I can watch the Big Ten network. I have temporarily lost HD versions of the local networks, which is something I suppose I knew, but didn't pay close enough attention to remember until after I realized they were missing.

I was very excited to go to the Comcast office and return their crappy HD/DVR set top box (the DirecTV one is about a million times better). Unfortunately, every avenue I've looked into for alternative internet service (Getwireless, Verizon DSL or Fios, D&E cable or DSL...) are unavailable in my neighborhood. So, I'm stuck with Comcast for internet. I was grandfathered in at $36.95 a month because I had some cable / cable modem package from years ago. I thought that most people were paying $42.95 or something like that a month. Well, surprise, surprise, my friendly, neighborhood Comcast person (I *never* call -- I go in person to the local office where there actually *are* friendly people) tells me that if I cancel my TV and keep my cable modem service only, the fee is $59.95 a month! Ridiculous. It is actually cheaper to get their cheapest TV package + modem than modem only.

I feel like they are getting the last laugh -- I really have no choice but to pay their absurd rate until another option magically appears.

*blecch*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home