9.27.2007

On calling time out

So we had our first match tonight and won 3-0.

It was fun. The new team is going to be a *lot* of fun, and I think we're already starting to gel.

Here's the thing that sticks out in my mind most, though. In games 2 & 3, we had big leads, then let the opponent catch up before pulling out a close win. In game 2, after we gave up six points in a row to the other team when we were previously up something like 13 - 6, our captain called a time out. At the time, I didn't realize it, but in retrospect, I think I was tense when she called time out. I'm just so used to timeouts being tense I think I'm conditioned to hang my head and expect all of my inadequacies to be pointed out in excruciating detail.

So, this is what she said after calling timeout, "I just wanted to take a break and remind everyone how awesome we are". That was it.

Then we laughed. Then we won.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home