6.12.2007

On restaurant quality

Two posts in one day! This is *serious* procrastination.

Anyway, I have to pile on a local "restaurant" -- the scare quotes are there because I think there is an expectation of quality when you use the word without quotes, and as I'm about to point out, this place doesn't qualify.

I've complained in the past about the local group that owns basically all of the non-chain places in this town and has apparently decided to rigidly enforce mediocrity throughout their kingdom. Well, a bunch of us went to one of these substandard locations tonight. It has probably been 5 years or so since the last time I went, and if I can help it, it will be more than 5 years before I'm back again.

Tonight was Mexican night, and out of 9 of us, 3 of us ordered enchiladas. The menu listed them at $10.99. One of the other folks ordered a combo plate for $12.99. My enchiladas were, as expected, completely mediocre. Had that been the end, no post would be here. However, when the bill came, they charged us $12.99 each for the 3 plates of mediocre enchiladas, and $10.99 for what I can only assume was a mediocre combo platter. So in the end we ended up on the losing end by $4. The majority of the group felt that $4 wasn't worth complaining about. So, we left out an extra $4.
Thus, the post.

In return for the $4 overcharging, I'll register my complaint here. I suggest that all of you consider skipping the Deli for your next meal in downtown State College.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home