5.24.2007

On light blogging

Well, summer session has officially commenced at Penn State.

In the next few months, I will co-teach an Elderhostel, run a summer camp, help organize AstroFest, co-teach a teacher's workshop, co-teach another teacher's workshop, and continue teaching my *three* on-line courses.

So... the season of lighter than average blogging has begun.

There is one thing of substance I wanted to post. I've been commiserating with a colleague dealing with *serious* grade grubbing from our Spring semester course, dealing with students from *other* universities sending me their sob stories trying to get in to my summer full class, and getting pointed to articles at Rate Your Students by others. I'm just as prone to getting frustrated with these students as everyone else. However, I think it is at times like these that we should remember there *are* some fantastic students that we get to work with.

The student who worked with me on a research project and on outreach programs starting the summer after his freshman year just graduated. He was outstanding, and a pleasure to work with. He easily outweighed 10 grade grubbers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home