5.15.2007

On getting what you voted for

Well, the results are in. The moro... err challengers beat the incumbents in the State College School board election. The gloaters are out in droves on the comment boards at the CDT.

To me something that was very curious -- the democratic votes were almost dead even between the challengers and incumbents. However, among Republicans, the challengers had a 5:1 lead. I'll bite my tongue instead of interpreting this discrepancy.

To everyone who is gloating -- I will say for the record now that this election is on your head, you get what you voted for. We will now likely have in January a school board of single issue novices who know basically nothing about running a school district. I predict that in the next election this group will be swept out, and hopefully we can restore some intelligence and talent to the board. Hopefully this crew won't be around long enough to cause too much harm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home