5.08.2007

On my turn as a grammar cop

I've been wearing myself out through a combination of working and then doing yardwork (it is that time of year again, and yes the thought of pruning pine trees and spreading mulch makes me very happy), so I have not had much energy to write lately.

Until I get the energy to write something longer that is sure to keep everyone on the edge of their seat, I figured I'd post one of my pet peeves. The image above was snipped from CNNSI (new motto -- we take all the best parts of our site and make them worse or your money back!) as an example of one of the stupidest expressions in sports. At some point, some silly sports media person bastardized the phrase "get on track", and it has propagated. So now, all the time you hear about how an athlete needs to "get untracked". How can an editor let that show up in a headline?

I'm sure that somewhere SRM is laughing that I have the gall to criticize someone else's writing, but come on, I can't be the only one who realizes this is complete gibberish.

More Earth shattering revelations to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home