9.23.2006

On weddings, weddings, and weddings

Shan and I are in bee-yoo-tee-ful East Stroudsburg PA for my sister's wedding later today. So I thought, what better time to get caught up by writing a bit about the Rutherford / Siegel wedding.

The first thing I'll say, is that wedding or no wedding, it was a great UVa astronomy reunion. We had -- thesis advisor Steve, classmate and groom Mikey, classmate and future dad Nak, youngsters Jeffrey Meg & Josh, and former undergrad current UT grad Amy. We had a lot of fun catching up and talking about the golden days at UVa.

I don't know if anyone cares outside of the ~10 of us that lived it, but the years from '95 - '00 at UVa were great fun. I don't know what it was, but our class bonded pretty instantly and had a great time in our years together. I know that grad school is tough for many people, but the camaraderie that we had (and still have) definitely had a positive impact on all of us (I don't care -- I'll speak for everybody).

Anyway -- the wedding was great. It was a chance to reminisce with the UVa folks, but it was also just fun all around. There were something like ~50 people there, and everyone had fun chatting, eating, and doing our best to polish off the beer and wine. I love weddings, mostly because they're such happy occasions that everyone can't help but have a good time. Other than the stripping incident (that thankfully did not involve the groom), I think fun was had by all. I had a great time, although I did have to step out during the wedding for some anti-inflammatories. I was throwing Mikey's nephew up in the air over and over and over and over again, and it got to the point where I felt as though I had just played volleyball for 3 hours. I needed to ice my knees down, but sucked it up, took some naproxen, and got back in the game.

All in all, we added another state to our list of those visited (Texas), we helped Mikey & Sue before, during, and after the wedding, we ate yummy barbecue before and wedding cake during, and survived having to miss the PSU / Akron game.

Congrats to the happy couple, who are now back from their honeymoon, and hopefully we get to see Dr. & Dr. Siegel before too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home