11.21.2006

On the post-Kerry Collins Era in NY

My NFL loyalties lie with whatever team has ex-Penn Staters in key roles. For a short time, that was the NY Giants. I grew up watching the Giants, and so I had some interest in them even before they made Kerry Collins their starting QB. Everyone knows Kerry's story -- came back from issues with alcohol, accused of racism by teammates, basically quit for a while, but then he got himself together and put together some good years. Even in his best years, though, he was always good for more turnovers than you want to see out of your QB. So, NY unceremoniously dumped him in favor of Manning the Younger, and we were all told how Eli was going to be the next Hall of Fame QB from this famous NFL family.

I'm just wondering... how's that working out?

I bet the Chargers are feeling that they got a pretty good deal when Eli pouted his way into a trade to NY for Philip Rivers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home